WAYNE COUNTY - Wayne County deputies said that a man tried to rape a woman, and ended up getting beat up.
Deputies arrested Anthony Mancenty Pfaff, 40, after arriving to the scene at Busco Beach. That's where they found a member of the victim's family and Pfaff had gotten "into an altercation," said Major Tom Effler.
Pfaff's booking photo shows him with a black and swollen eye, a swollen lip, a scrape under his other eye and a band-aid on his forehead.
Pfaff, who lives in Beulaville, was taken to Wayne Memorial Hospital for treatment. He was then released back into the custody of Wayne County deputies. He was placed in jail under a $100,000 bond.
- Updated Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Stranded mariners saved after writing 'SOS' in the sand
- Updated Yellowstone National Park worker falls to death
- Trump's immigration pivot a buzz kill for Coulter's book tour
- Recovering heroin addict thanks officer who arrested her