WAYNE COUNTY - Wayne County deputies said that a man tried to rape a woman, and ended up getting beat up.
Deputies arrested Anthony Mancenty Pfaff, 40, after arriving to the scene at Busco Beach. That's where they found a member of the victim's family and Pfaff had gotten "into an altercation," said Major Tom Effler.
Pfaff's booking photo shows him with a black and swollen eye, a swollen lip, a scrape under his other eye and a band-aid on his forehead.
Pfaff, who lives in Beulaville, was taken to Wayne Memorial Hospital for treatment. He was then released back into the custody of Wayne County deputies. He was placed in jail under a $100,000 bond.
- Havelock PD seeks person of interest in club stabbing
- Seven Springs man ends up in ICU after fight with detention officers
- Suspects in animal cruelty case to appear in court Monday
- National Boat Safety Week encourages safety in the water
- Pitt County NAACP to hold meeting to discuss families, mental health