WAYNE COUNTY - Wayne County deputies said that a man tried to rape a woman, and ended up getting beat up.
Deputies arrested Anthony Mancenty Pfaff, 40, after arriving to the scene at Busco Beach. That's where they found a member of the victim's family and Pfaff had gotten "into an altercation," said Major Tom Effler.
Pfaff's booking photo shows him with a black and swollen eye, a swollen lip, a scrape under his other eye and a band-aid on his forehead.
Pfaff, who lives in Beulaville, was taken to Wayne Memorial Hospital for treatment. He was then released back into the custody of Wayne County deputies. He was placed in jail under a $100,000 bond.
- Updated WCTI's Anna Bulszewicz announces she's leaving the anchor desk
- Updated Pence tries for damage control abroad but allies still wary
- Updated Investigation underway after teen shot in New Bern
- Updated Border Patrol shooting of Mexican goes to Supreme Court
- Updated Israeli soldier sentenced in Palestinian killing