RALEIGH, WAKE COUNTY - A Raleigh man convicted of receiving child pornography will go to federal prison for 15 years.
John Warren Courtney, 47, was sentenced in Raleigh to 180 months in prison, according to the U.S. Department of Justice. Courtney pleaded guilty in February to receiving more than 4,000 pictures and 200 videos of minors engaged in sexually explicit conduct.
The case was part of the Project Safe Childhood initiative, a national program that works to ensure effective prosecution of criminals exploiting children.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend