RALEIGH, WAKE COUNTY - A Raleigh man convicted of receiving child pornography will go to federal prison for 15 years.
John Warren Courtney, 47, was sentenced in Raleigh to 180 months in prison, according to the U.S. Department of Justice. Courtney pleaded guilty in February to receiving more than 4,000 pictures and 200 videos of minors engaged in sexually explicit conduct.
The case was part of the Project Safe Childhood initiative, a national program that works to ensure effective prosecution of criminals exploiting children.
- Updated Christian bakers who refused to make 'gay cake' lose discrimination appeal
- Updated Parent punches student in the stomach in a school hallway, then just walks away
- Singer Kellie Pickler's father arrested in eastern N.C.
- Spidey-strength: Aussie arachnid carts off mouse-sized snack
- Battle for Mosul: How ISIS is fighting to keep its Iraqi stronghold