PITT COUNTY - Approximately 40,000 Greenville Utility Commission electric customers were without power for a brief period of time Friday night.
Utility officials said it was due to an interruption in power supply from Duke Energy Progress. They said the problem happened at a GUC delivery substation on Mumford Road around 8:12 p.m.
Duke Energy Progress employees were working on their transmission circuits at the time of the interruption. Power was restored at 8:17 p.m.
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- Greenville Hilton earns accolades thanks to guest satisfaction
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- Updated NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County
- Lenoir County Sheriff's Office loses K-9 to medical issue