Quadriplegic man and two others die in house fire
Wilson County officials say a quadriplegic is dead and two family members hospitalized after fire destroyed the man's home.
The Wilson Times reports Emergency Management Coordinator Gordon Deno said a propane cylinder was connected to a portable gas heater. Deno said people in the house heard gas hissing and a flash followed, leading to a fire.
Authorities said 28-year-old Naquane Farmer died in Tuesday night's fire. They said his 48-year-old mother, Angela Barham, was taken to Wilson Medical Center for treatment. The sheriff's office said 75-year-old grandmother Alice Barham was transported to the Jaycee Burn Center at UNC Health Care in Chapel Hill with injuries to her face, neck and forearms.
Chief Lin Jones of the Toisnot Rural Fire Department said firefighters spent about an hour dousing the flames.
Copyright 2014 by WCTI12. The Associated Press contributed to this report. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.