KINSTON - A man who lost the use of his arms and legs in a diving accident graduated from Lenoir Community College Tuesday.
John Grady, Jr. graduated with an associate degree in business. Grady became a quadriplegic in June of 2004. He was diving into White Lake and hit his head on the bottom. A vertebrae in his neck was broken. Grady immediately lost the use of his arms and legs.
Grady was married to Kristy Grady in 2002. Kristy was there when John broke his neck. She pulled him from the water when she realized something was wrong.
John is confined to a wheel chair, but that hasn't stopped the couple from being successful. Since that time, the Grady's have started their own real estate business.. Kristy graduated from LCC with a masters degree.
Even though it took John seven years, he graduated with a GPA of 3.8.
The couple plans to work on their real estate business.
- Updated Google officially reveals its latest robot
- Updated China considers baby bonus for couples to have second child
- Updated Grant Application Intake session slated in Snow Hill
- Updated Starbucks is coming to the home of the espresso
- Updated Paul Ryan: 'We are hosed' if we don't tackle entitlements like Medicare