CAPE HATTERAS NATIONAL SEASHORE - The National Park Service is seeking comments on whether it should create additional public access to the beaches along the Cape Hatteras National Seashore.
The comments can be made online at the park service's website and will be taken for the next month.
The park service says it is looking at various proposals for making improvements at the National Seashore and that the public comments will help shape plans for which beach access improvements it should pursue first.
In addition to making comments online, the park service will also accept written comments mailed to its Manteo office.
- Updated Autism link to herpes during pregnancy may be overstated, experts say
- New Silver Alert issued for missing Beaufort County man
- New North Carolina lawmaker introduces 'life at conception' bill
- Updated Verizon to test 5G in 11 cities
- Updated Astronomers discover 7 Earth-sized planets orbiting nearby star