CAPE HATTERAS NATIONAL SEASHORE - The National Park Service is seeking comments on whether it should create additional public access to the beaches along the Cape Hatteras National Seashore.
The comments can be made online at the park service's website and will be taken for the next month.
The park service says it is looking at various proposals for making improvements at the National Seashore and that the public comments will help shape plans for which beach access improvements it should pursue first.
In addition to making comments online, the park service will also accept written comments mailed to its Manteo office.
- Tornado watch issued for most of North Carolina
- Updated Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Updated Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms
- Updated Coast Guard searches for missing crew of capsized Swan Quarter fishing boat
- Demolition date set for old New Bern Days Inn