RALEIGH, WAKE COUNTY - Protesters have continued their series of rallies against the policies approved by the Republican-controlled North Carolina legislature with a march on the state Capitol.
Monday's march in the rain came after a judge granted permission to the NAACP to hold the rally on the state Capitol grounds.
It was the latest in a number of rallies dating back to last spring and which led to the arrest of hundreds of protesters. They're trying to pressure Gov. Pat McCrory to convene a special session on Medicaid and unemployment benefits.
The demonstration was originally scheduled for the mall behind the Legislative Building before the NAACP went to court seeking to change the location.
- Updated Greenville Police seeking help finding robbery suspect
- Updated Disney is bringing back 'Muppet Babies'
- Updated Study says mixing alcohol, energy drinks has same effect as cocaine
- Updated Trump has 2-point edge in new Florida poll
- ���������Missing' man responds to missing person report on Facebook