NEWPORT, CARTERET COUNTY - Broad Creek Middle School in Newport is delaying dismissal by 15 to 30 minutes on Thursday because of a propane tank leak.
According to Tabbie Nance, communications director for Carteret County Public Schools, the leaking propane tank is away from the school building. All students and staff are safe.
Buses will be delayed between 15 to 30 minutes, Nance said. Parents who wish to pick up their children should go to the Fox Lair subdivision and wait for the students to arrive.
- FBI probes newly discovered emails tied to Clinton case
- Updated Greenville to begin work on Arlington Boulevard starting Sunday
- Updated State Board of Elections investigating possible voter fraud in Onslow County
- Updated NCAA will now give money for academic achievements
- Updated After shut down, Vine's smartest stars have a backup plan