NEWPORT, CARTERET COUNTY - Broad Creek Middle School in Newport is delaying dismissal by 15 to 30 minutes on Thursday because of a propane tank leak.
According to Tabbie Nance, communications director for Carteret County Public Schools, the leaking propane tank is away from the school building. All students and staff are safe.
Buses will be delayed between 15 to 30 minutes, Nance said. Parents who wish to pick up their children should go to the Fox Lair subdivision and wait for the students to arrive.
- Updated Southwest pilots reach tentative deal with airline after 4 years of talks
- Updated NC DOT's Ferry Division prepares for tropical system
- Updated Tropical storm warning, small craft advisory issued for Carteret County
- Updated Hershey crashes 11% after chocolate merger talks end
- Updated Chicago, aka 'Chi-raq' likely to top 2015 in number of shootings