ONSLOW COUNTY - A private road in Onslow County is for sale, and its value is listed as $20, records show.
Onslow County owns the road property; it's of nearly 19 properties that county has designated as "surplus property."
All 19 properties are for sale to the highest bidder.
The dirt-cheap dirt road is an unnamed road off of Pickett Road, south of Jacksonville.
There are several houses on road.
Onslow County acquired the property for approximately $1,200 during a 2007 foreclosure sale, a deed shows.
The market value of the property is $20, as listed on county records.
Its zoning is listed as "right of way."
For information on how to bid on the property, call the Onslow County Purchasing Department at (910) 455-1750.
- Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall arrives in Morehead City
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- Facility for developmentally disabled gets overhauled kitchen