ONSLOW COUNTY - A private road in Onslow County is for sale, and its value is listed as $20, records show.
Onslow County owns the road property; it's of nearly 19 properties that county has designated as "surplus property."
All 19 properties are for sale to the highest bidder.
The dirt-cheap dirt road is an unnamed road off of Pickett Road, south of Jacksonville.
There are several houses on road.
Onslow County acquired the property for approximately $1,200 during a 2007 foreclosure sale, a deed shows.
The market value of the property is $20, as listed on county records.
Its zoning is listed as "right of way."
For information on how to bid on the property, call the Onslow County Purchasing Department at (910) 455-1750.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Nate Parker on 'toxic masculinity,' consent and 'male privilege'
- Updated Chocowinity town commissioner arrested for allegedly assaulting a female
- Legendary Watermelon Festival continues today