BEULAVILLE, DUPLIN COUNTY - A student who brought a gun to a school in Duplin County Tuesday morning is in the custody of the Sheriff's Office.
The incident happened at Champion Educational Center, a private school at 318 E. Main St. in Beulaville, said principal Neil Edwards.
A senior brought a small, unloaded pistol to the school, Edwards told NewsChannel 12. Other students saw the gun and reported it to administrators, who called 911.
An officer pulled the senior out of class, said Edwards. The student was cooperative and is now in the custody of the Duplin County Sheriff's Office.
The identity of the student has not been released, and there's no word on whether charges will be filed.
Champion Educational Center is operating as normal.
- Updated Brooklyn's coolest hotels and hottest hangouts
- Updated Trump has 3,643 websites that range from TrumpEmpire.com to TrumpFraud.org
- Updated Snapchat Spectacles now for sale online
- Updated Angelina Jolie opens up about family after split with Brad Pitt
- Trump's promises hit Washington reality in first month