BEULAVILLE, DUPLIN COUNTY - A student who brought a gun to a school in Duplin County Tuesday morning is in the custody of the Sheriff's Office.
The incident happened at Champion Educational Center, a private school at 318 E. Main St. in Beulaville, said principal Neil Edwards.
A senior brought a small, unloaded pistol to the school, Edwards told NewsChannel 12. Other students saw the gun and reported it to administrators, who called 911.
An officer pulled the senior out of class, said Edwards. The student was cooperative and is now in the custody of the Duplin County Sheriff's Office.
The identity of the student has not been released, and there's no word on whether charges will be filed.
Champion Educational Center is operating as normal.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday