CARTERET COUNTY - The U.S. Forestry Service conducted a prescribed burn Sunday in the Croatan National Forest, officials said.
The flames are burning on approximately 300 acres.
Forestry officials said that the majority of the contained burn took place in Carteret County.
Officials said residents should see most of the smoke go away by Sunday evening.
- One person injured in Greenville shooting
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating