EASTERN N.C. - Most locations will wake up to sub-freezing temperatures Friday across eastern Carolina.
An arctic front Thursday ushered in very cold, dry air. Temperatures Friday morning are likely to be in the low to mid 20's for inland locations, and closer to 30° along coastal areas.
Both Onslow and Carteret County have been issued a Freeze Warning till 9a.m., when temperatures should begin to rebound. Onslow and Carteret Counties are the only counties to have a warning issued, because a freeze of this magnitude usually doesn't occur this late in the season for those areas.
Cold will be replaced by rain this weekend. Expect temperatures for the next two weeks to consistently stay a good 15° below average.
- New BREAKING NEWS: Man stabbed by girlfriend in New Bern
- Updated Blast near Bogota bullring injures 31, many of them police, reports say
- Updated Limbaugh on the news media: 'They're enemies of Trump'
- State high school basketball playoff pairings released
- Police search for suspect in deaths of Indiana teens who vanished on hike