SNOW HILL - The Highway Patrol is continuing to investigate a crash that led to the death of a woman, toddler, and the unborn child of the driver.
The wreck happened Monday in Greene County, northeast of Snow Hill. Investigators said the vehicle lost control, ran over the center lane and headed into oncoming traffic.
The two killed in the wreck have been identified as 20-year-old Erica Jones and 18-month-old Kaleigh Cooper. The driver, 19-year-old Macie Mooring, was also injured in the crash; she gave birth to a child at the hospital who did not survive. Jones and Mooring were friends who lived near each other. Jones' two children -- a newborn and toddler -- survived the crash.
Troopers say Mooring will be charged with driving while impaired; other charges may be filed.
- Updated Ryan Lochte to endorse crime prevention device
- New Beaufort County deputies arrest registered sex offender living in Chocowinity
- Updated Fire chief killed in workers' bus crash remembered as 'amazing'
- ECU professor predicts presidential election results
- Local pharmacist recommends ways to save on EpiPens