ONSLOW COUNTY - New River Air Station officials say an MV-22 Osprey made a precautionary landing in Jacksonville Thursday evening.
The aircraft landed in an empty field behind Discovery Church on Lejeune Boulevard in Jacksonville.
Officials say no one was injured in the landing and the aircraft remains intact.
NewsChannel 12 was on site as civilian and military police officials investigated the incident.
We'll bring you more details as they are released.
- Updated Grandson charged with beating grandfather to death
- Updated Have you heard of an outdoor preschool? There's now one in ENC.
- Updated OPEC agrees to cut production; oil prices surge
- Updated Eric Trump praises dad's 'courage' in not bringing up Bill Clinton's infidelities
- Updated Michelle Obama goes off on Donald Trump