STOKES, PITT COUNTY - A powerful line of storms brought heavy rain and strong wind through Eastern Carolina on Saturday, ripping the roof off of one family's home.
The home is on Highway 30 in Stokes.
Neighbors say the roof ended up at their house across the street. They say there was someone inside when it happened, but that no one was hurt.
They say other parts of the roof ended up in fields in the area.
The family that lives in the home is staying with other family members.
- Updated 'China's Jack the Ripper' caught after 28 years on the run
- Trump backer tweets cartoon of Clinton in blackface
- Gold Star mom on Kaepernick: I see a flag that draped my son's casket
- Updated Sudan Shriners to hold fundraiser to assist Louisiana flood victims
- Clinton at fundraiser: 'I do not know which Donald Trump will show up' at debates