STOKES, PITT COUNTY - A powerful line of storms brought heavy rain and strong wind through Eastern Carolina on Saturday, ripping the roof off of one family's home.
The home is on Highway 30 in Stokes.
Neighbors say the roof ended up at their house across the street. They say there was someone inside when it happened, but that no one was hurt.
They say other parts of the roof ended up in fields in the area.
The family that lives in the home is staying with other family members.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend