GREENE, LENOIR, PITT COUNTIES - More than 7,000 Progress Energy customers lost power overnight around 1:00 a.m. It was restored about 90 minutes later, according to Progress Energy's outage map.
Greene County dispatchers say the outage was because of a fire at a substation near Hwy. 903.
The details are limited. We are working to get the facts right.
- New Get ready for this year's N.C. Seafood Festival! It opens Friday.
- Updated Obama says Congress made a 'mistake' overriding his veto of Saudi lawsuit bill
- Coast Guard suspends search for missing Cuban migrants
- Updated Grandson charged with beating grandfather to death
- Have you heard of an outdoor preschool? There's now one in ENC.