GREENE, LENOIR, PITT COUNTIES - More than 7,000 Progress Energy customers lost power overnight around 1:00 a.m. It was restored about 90 minutes later, according to Progress Energy's outage map.
Greene County dispatchers say the outage was because of a fire at a substation near Hwy. 903.
The details are limited. We are working to get the facts right.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- New Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend