GREENE, LENOIR, PITT COUNTIES - More than 7,000 Progress Energy customers lost power overnight around 1:00 a.m. It was restored about 90 minutes later, according to Progress Energy's outage map.
Greene County dispatchers say the outage was because of a fire at a substation near Hwy. 903.
The details are limited. We are working to get the facts right.
- Updated Big reward offered in local breaking and entering case
- Updated Scientists discover coin-sized night frogs in India
- Updated SpaceX aborts space station docking
- New Doctor says coyote followed him into work
- Divisive rhetoric from leaders like Trump, Duterte threatens human rights, Amnesty says