JONES, ONSLOW, LENOIR, DUPLIN, CRAVEN - Power has been restored for thousands of households that spent several hours in the dark and cold Sunday night.
Jones-Onslow Electric said power went out in five counties when something caused a breaker to trip, cutting the power off for those homes. Crews investigated the lines and did not find anything wrong with them.
More than 6,000 households are without power on one of the year's coldest nights.
An official with Jones-Onslow Electric says crews are on their way to investigate the outage.
We're waiting to hear more details about what caused the outage and when power will be restored.
Temperatures are expected to reach the low 20s.
The first reports of power outages came around 7:45 Sunday night.
We'll keep you updated as information becomes available.
- Updated Court sets September 13 deadline for Clinton FBI emails
- Updated Kinston welcomes professional baseball back to Grainger Stadium
- Updated AP: Brazilian police charge Lochte with filing false report
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: Men have 'gotta get over' their issues with equal pay
- Updated Trump: No legal status for undocumented immigrants