BEAUFORT COUNTY, HYDE COUNTY, WASHINGTON COUNTY - The power is back on after Dominion Power experienced a transmission line failure, resulting in a loss of power for 9,000 Tideland EMC members Wednesday morning.
The power was lost around 12:30 a.m.
Dominion crews worked to change out a transmission line insulator. The power was fully restored around 4:30 a.m.
This was the second failure in two days.
On Tuesday morning, a transmission failure also left thousands of people without power and caused school closures in some parts of Hyde County.
- Fidel Castro laid to rest in private funeral
- Oakland fire: 30 bodies found; 80% of building still to be searched
- Updated Sec. Kerry says Trump did not contact State Dept. prior to calls
- Updated Euro falls as Italian leader quits after losing reform vote
- Updated New Zealand Prime Minister John Key resigns