BEAUFORT COUNTY, HYDE COUNTY, WASHINGTON COUNTY - The power is back on after Dominion Power experienced a transmission line failure, resulting in a loss of power for 9,000 Tideland EMC members Wednesday morning.
The power was lost around 12:30 a.m.
Dominion crews worked to change out a transmission line insulator. The power was fully restored around 4:30 a.m.
This was the second failure in two days.
On Tuesday morning, a transmission failure also left thousands of people without power and caused school closures in some parts of Hyde County.
- New Rousseff's impeachment trial opens in Brazil
- Updated Navy surprises ailing WWII veteran at his home
- Updated Here's what happened to AIDS drug that spiked 5,000%
- Accused Pitt Co. murder suspect officially charged with murder of three children
- Greenville Fire & Rescue classifies overnight fire as intentional