CARTERET COUNTY - A Carteret-Craven Electric Cooperative says power should be back on for CCEC members along Highway 101, Laurel Road and North Rive.
Earlier, county emergency management officials said approximately 1,000 Carteret-Craven EMC customers lost power around of 3:30 p.m. Wednesday; a storm blew down power lines in the area of Hwy. 101 and Tuttles Grove Road.
CCEC is inspecting lines in South River before energizing, but they say the power should be restored there soon.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Amid Zika fears, Florida theme parks offer mosquito repellent
- New Vandemere Waterfront Park reopens five years after Hurricane Irene destruction
- Stand Up Outfitters 5th annual Colonial paddle board race