CARTERET COUNTY - A Carteret-Craven Electric Cooperative says power should be back on for CCEC members along Highway 101, Laurel Road and North Rive.
Earlier, county emergency management officials said approximately 1,000 Carteret-Craven EMC customers lost power around of 3:30 p.m. Wednesday; a storm blew down power lines in the area of Hwy. 101 and Tuttles Grove Road.
CCEC is inspecting lines in South River before energizing, but they say the power should be restored there soon.
- Updated U.K. approves crucial third runway at London's Heathrow
- Updated Judge approves Volkswagen's $15B emissions settlement
- Updated NBA: 10 big predictions for the new season
- Updated Drinking two sweetened drinks per day? You could be doubling your risk of diabetes
- Updated Rain expected from Upper Midwest to New England