RALEIGH, WAKE COUNTY - Some priceless cars will be on display in Raleigh for a couple of weeks longer than expected.
The N.C. Museum of Art said Thursday that its exhibit of Porches will remain open through Feb. 2. The exhibit, titled "Porsche by Design: Seducing Speed," originally was to close Jan. 20. Among the cars on display are the 1958 Speedster owned by actor Steve McQueen and rock singer Janis Joplin's psychedelically painted 1965 Type 356C Cabriolet.
The museum also has scheduled a "hoods-up" weekend for the public after two members-only events were popular. During the four-day event, visitors will be able to see under the hoods of some cars. That event will be held Jan. 24-Jan. 27.
- Updated Muslim woman to appear in Playboy in a hijab
- Updated Why you should be careful searching for Amy Schumer
- Updated Martin Shkreli auctions punch to the face
- New Tropical Storm Matthew forms in the Caribbean could have impacts to Eastern North Carolina
- Updated 'Cat man' of Aleppo takes in hundreds of abandoned cats