WINDSOR, Bertie County - People gathered at Bertie High School in Windsor Tuesday night to receive free health screenings and to communicate their concerns to Rep. G.K. Butterfield as part of his community discussion tour around District 1 in North Carolina.
Butterfield provided an update on bills in Washington and took questions about pressing issues. The topic of North Korea came up, and Butterfield, a Democrat, was vocal in his displeasure with how President Trump is handling the delicate conflict.
"We need to deescalate the tension between North Korea and the United States," Butterfield said. "(Trump) provoked North Korea in a very inappropriate way."
The discussion was moderated by community leader and author Patricia Ferguson.
- Updated Organization pays holiday travel expenses for Purple Heart recipients
- Updated Greenville Police distribute 100 meals to needy families in area
- Rape suspect arrested after two months on the run
- 500-acre prescribed burn planned for Croatan National Forest
- Updated Missing dog creates quite the scramble in Carteret County