NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - Police said they arrested a woman for allegedly stabbing a man in New Bern.
According to investigators, 24-year-old Karettia Larusha Gray stabbed 27-year-old Brandon Antoine Mewborn at the V building in Trent Court at about 2 p.m. Wednesday. Mewborn was taken to CarolinaEast Medical Center for treatment, police said. His condition was not released.
There was no word on a motive.
Gray has been charged with felony assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury. Police said Gray may face more charges after the investigation is complete. Her first court appearance is scheduled for Thursday.
- Updated Number of vehicle and apartment break-ins reported in Greenville
- Updated A local family's battle with addiction
- Updated US calls Philippines President's Hitler comments 'troubling'
- Worried about fake bank accounts in your name?
- Updated El Cajon police release video of fatal officer-involved shooting