NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - Police said they arrested a woman for allegedly stabbing a man in New Bern.
According to investigators, 24-year-old Karettia Larusha Gray stabbed 27-year-old Brandon Antoine Mewborn at the V building in Trent Court at about 2 p.m. Wednesday. Mewborn was taken to CarolinaEast Medical Center for treatment, police said. His condition was not released.
There was no word on a motive.
Gray has been charged with felony assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury. Police said Gray may face more charges after the investigation is complete. Her first court appearance is scheduled for Thursday.
- Updated Body found along side of road in Jacksonville
- Updated Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- UPDATE: No bomb discovered after threat made at West Craven Middle School
- Updated Tornado touches down in Sampson Co., warnings issued elsewhere
- Wood Ducks featured on Xfinity car for Charlotte race