Beaufort Police say a woman is being charged for making a false report about being robbed of her prescription painkillers.
Cynthia Andersen claimed three men robbed her in the CVS parking lot on Live Oak Street in Beaufort on Sunday, March 30, around 9:30 p.m., according to law enforcement. She said the men approached her as she walked from the store to her car and stole the prescription painkillers she had just picked up.
Officers say Andersen claimed she had grabbed her pocketbook and hit one of the males in the head, causing them to run away.
Beaufort Police Det. Troy Edwards checked the surveillance cameras at CVS, which clearly showed Andersen walking to her vehicle without any such robbery happening.
Andersen was charged with filing a false police report on April 2, and gave her a $1000 unsecured bond.
Andersen's first court appearance is scheduled for April 23, 2014.
- Body found along side of road in Jacksonville
- New Cops and Barbers works to bridge gap between GPD, community
- Updated Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- Chocowinity soldier killed in action to be honored in NASCAR race
- Updated Tornado touches down in Sampson Co., warnings issued elsewhere