JACKSONVILLE, ONSLOW COUNTY - A two-vehicle wreck in Jacksonville killed a woman and injured several other people, police told NewsChannel 12.
According to investigators, 69-year-old Melba D. Cornelius, of Wymore, Neb., died in the accident, which happened at about 12:12 p.m. Friday at the intersection of Gum Branch Road and Western Boulevard Extension.
Police said the victim was riding in a 2002 Buick that was driven by her husband, 74-year-old Larry L. Cornelius. But the husband allegedly entered the intersection when there was a red light.
A Toyota SUV then struck the Buick, police said. The couple inside that SUV, Wesley B. Brand and Karen Brand, both 47, were taken to Onslow Memorial Hospital.
Larry Cornelius was also taken to Onslow Memorial Hospital, before being airlifted to another hospital.
Anyone with information about the crash is asked to contact JPD Traffic Officer Vanessa Smith at 910-938-6434 or email@example.com.
- New Two adults arrested, charged with encouraging, enticing children's fight
- Updated Clinton: Trump's 'final target is democracy itself'
- Updated House Dems expand map as super PAC targets Montana
- Updated Child abducted in North Carolina, Amber Alert issued
- Updated GOP schedules RNC member call as Election Day approaches