GREENVILLE - Greenville Police say two men break into a home, while a woman inside calls 911 from her bathroom.
The incident happened Thursday night after 10:00 on Baywood Lane. The caller told police dispatchers two men broke into her home. She locked herself inside a bathroom. The caller told dispatchers the suspects were trying to open the bathroom door as police arrived.
When police arrived they surrounded the house and then entered the house and confronted the suspects. Both suspects resisted arrest and fought with police, according to a news release. A police canine was used to assist with the capture and arrest one of the suspects.
The caller was located by police officers unharmed.
Both suspects, Mark and Maceo Gardner, were charged with 1 count each of First Degree Burglary. Their relationship is unknown.
Maceo Gardner was jailed under a $150,000 secured bond. Mark Gardner was jailed under a $50,000 secured bond.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend