WILMINGTON, NEW HANOVER COUNTY - Police in Wilmington have arrested a man after they say he fired a pellet gun at some children.
Wilmington Police Department spokeswoman Linda Rawley said officers responded Monday night to a report of a man firing the gun at children.
Rawley said when officers encountered the suspect, he gave them a false name, then ran off.
When officers caught up with 21-year-old Jonathan Kelly, they found that he was wanted on felony warrants in Cumberland County for failure to appear.
- Updated Number of vehicle and apartment break-ins reported in Greenville
- Updated A local family's battle with addiction
- Updated US calls Philippines President's Hitler comments 'troubling'
- Worried about fake bank accounts in your name?
- Updated El Cajon police release video of fatal officer-involved shooting