WILMINGTON, NEW HANOVER COUNTY - Police in Wilmington have arrested a man after they say he fired a pellet gun at some children.
Wilmington Police Department spokeswoman Linda Rawley said officers responded Monday night to a report of a man firing the gun at children.
Rawley said when officers encountered the suspect, he gave them a false name, then ran off.
When officers caught up with 21-year-old Jonathan Kelly, they found that he was wanted on felony warrants in Cumberland County for failure to appear.
- Updated White House blocks news organizations from press briefing
- New Rusted Root to headline stage at 11th annual PirateFest
- Updated Small Ohio town counts on Trump to stave off plant closures
- Updated Trump rally: CEOs of Dow companies make $400 million
- Updated Tryon Palace director no longer serving position