GREENVILLE - The Greenville Police Department is warning people to be on the lookout for counterfeit money, especially during the holiday season. Detectives have responded to more than a dozen cases of counterfeit bills passed, over the past few months.
Police advise retailers and customers to examine their money closely during each transaction.
They say not to return it to the person who passed it, but to contact law enforcement immediately.
- Updated NBA rookies say Kinston's Ingram will have best career
- Updated Trump lifts ban on media outlets, at least for pool duty
- New Silver alert issued for missing Washington woman
- Updated NJ Gov. Christie vetoes $15 minimum wage
- Updated Cadillac exec spills company strategy ... in the comments section of a blog