GREENVILLE - The Greenville Police Department is warning people to be on the lookout for counterfeit money, especially during the holiday season. Detectives have responded to more than a dozen cases of counterfeit bills passed, over the past few months.
Police advise retailers and customers to examine their money closely during each transaction.
They say not to return it to the person who passed it, but to contact law enforcement immediately.
- Clinton, Trump hours away from historic debate battle
- Updated Stein escorted off Hofstra University campus
- Bridgegate: Port Authority officials planned to make Fort Lee 'traffic jam as bad as possible'
- Updated Miami Marlins to honor star pitcher Jose Fernandez
- High school football player dies two days after injury in game