GREENVILLE - The Greenville Police Department is warning people to be on the lookout for counterfeit money, especially during the holiday season. Detectives have responded to more than a dozen cases of counterfeit bills passed, over the past few months.
Police advise retailers and customers to examine their money closely during each transaction.
They say not to return it to the person who passed it, but to contact law enforcement immediately.
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal
- Demolition date set for old New Bern Days Inn
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms