EASTERN CAROLINA - Police said they have identified the man who defrauded several Walmarts by using other shoppers' receipts to get cash refunds.
According to investigators, 36-year-old Renford Neal Harris, of Greenville, is wanted for obtaining property by false pretense.
Police said Harris picked up receipts from the parking lots of several Walmarts. He then allegedly went inside the stores, matched the serial numbers from the receipt, picked up the matching items from the store shelves, and returned the items for cash.
Harris has already hit Walmarts in Kinston, Greenville and Washington, police said. During one incident, the suspect even received cash for returning a 12-pack of Charmin toilet paper, according to investigators.
Police said numerous tips helped them identify the suspect. Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to call Det. J. Poole at (252) 939-3193.
- Updated Body found along side of road in Jacksonville
- Updated Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- UPDATE: No bomb discovered after threat made at West Craven Middle School
- Updated Tornado touches down in Sampson Co., warnings issued elsewhere
- Wood Ducks featured on Xfinity car for Charlotte race