EASTERN CAROLINA - Police said they have identified the man who defrauded several Walmarts by using other shoppers' receipts to get cash refunds.
According to investigators, 36-year-old Renford Neal Harris, of Greenville, is wanted for obtaining property by false pretense.
Police said Harris picked up receipts from the parking lots of several Walmarts. He then allegedly went inside the stores, matched the serial numbers from the receipt, picked up the matching items from the store shelves, and returned the items for cash.
Harris has already hit Walmarts in Kinston, Greenville and Washington, police said. During one incident, the suspect even received cash for returning a 12-pack of Charmin toilet paper, according to investigators.
Police said numerous tips helped them identify the suspect. Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to call Det. J. Poole at (252) 939-3193.
- Updated Former IU player alleges abuse at hands of Bob Knight
- Updated Drivers asked to be on watch as deer appear more on roadways
- Updated Man shot dead outside US Embassy in Kenya after knife attack
- Updated Woman wins $1 million trying to teach husband a lesson about lotteries
- Michael Phelps secretly got married