NEW BERN - A man fought off a would-be robber and held the suspect at gunpoint until police arrived, according to investigators.
James Tavarez Little, 31, tried to rob three men on Wind Hill Ct. in New Bern early Tuesday morning, according to police.
The three men were sitting in a car just before 1 a.m. when Little walked up and held a gun to one of the men and demanded money, police said.
Little "had the gun pointed at the back of my neck," said Charles Smith, one of the victims.
But Smith decided to fight back.
"It was like something went off in my head and I was like, 'I'm not letting that guy take everything I have,'" Smith said.
Smith grabbed the gun and turned it on Little, then held him at gunpoint until officers arrived, police said.
Little has been charged with attempted robbery with a dangerous weapon, assault by pointing a gun, possession of stolen property, and felon in possession of a firearm.
The gun used was stolen, police said.
No one was hurt.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Amid Zika fears, Florida theme parks offer mosquito repellent
- New Vandemere Waterfront Park reopens five years after Hurricane Irene destruction
- Stand Up Outfitters 5th annual Colonial paddle board race