Atlantic Beach, NC - Atlantic Beach Police say 11 people were evacuated from Ocean Sands Condominiums, and two were transported to Carteret General Hospital Tuesday night. They had non-life threatening injuries.
Police say high winds damaged the condo community located on NC 58. Officers discovered a large amount of debris and downed power lines in the area.
Police say the condos received major structural damage on the ocean side.
Damage was also reported at Island Beach and Racquet Club.
Police say two buildings were damaged at Island Beach, and three people were evacuated and relocated.
As of midnight, power was out from Charlotte Ave. to Lee Dr. in Atlantic Beach. Progress Energy was on the scene and attempting to restore power.
Law enforcement officers, firefighters and EMS crews continue to evaluate the damage.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Trump spreads claim that Clinton's 'mentor' was 'KKK member'
- Updated ISIS video shows boys executing prisoners
- Nate Parker on 'toxic masculinity,' consent and 'male privilege'