Atlantic Beach, NC - Atlantic Beach Police say 11 people were evacuated from Ocean Sands Condominiums, and two were transported to Carteret General Hospital Tuesday night. They had non-life threatening injuries.
Police say high winds damaged the condo community located on NC 58. Officers discovered a large amount of debris and downed power lines in the area.
Police say the condos received major structural damage on the ocean side.
Damage was also reported at Island Beach and Racquet Club.
Police say two buildings were damaged at Island Beach, and three people were evacuated and relocated.
As of midnight, power was out from Charlotte Ave. to Lee Dr. in Atlantic Beach. Progress Energy was on the scene and attempting to restore power.
Law enforcement officers, firefighters and EMS crews continue to evaluate the damage.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday