PLYMOUTH, WASHINGTON COUNTY - A pickup truck crashed into a school bus filled with children during the morning commute Wednesday, according to Plymouth Police.
The crash was reported after 6 a.m. Wednesday at the intersection of Wilson Street and Campbell Street.
The school bus was at a near stop when the pickup truck, driven by an unidentified man, struck the bus while going about 35 m.p.h., said Plymouth Police investigator Jimmy Peale.
There were about 20 to 25 students on the school bus, but no injuries were reported and the pickup truck driver was okay, said Peale. However, the truck suffered considerable damage.
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal
- Demolition date set for old New Bern Days Inn
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms