PALM HARBOR, Fla. (WEWS) - A little girl, two-and-a-half years old, lost both of her legs and part of a hand Wednesday evening after police say her father accidentally ran over her with his riding lawn mower in the driveway of their home in Palm Harbor. Fla.
Authorities in Palm Harbor said the father of the 2-year-old did not see his her in the driveway of their home, and ran her over with his riding lawn mower.
According to an officer at the scene, the little girl's mother tried flagging down the father to stop, but he didn't see her and couldn't hear her.
The father ended up down the driveway and into the street before he realized what happened.
The little girl lost both of her legs below the knee, and one of her hands was severely injured.
Police said the girl's father swaddled her and immediately called 911.
She was airlifted to Tampa General Hospital where she is now being treated, and her parents are by her side.
Police said it will not be possible for the girl's limbs to be reattached.
For more information, visit NewsChannel5.
- Clinton, Trump hours away from historic debate battle
- Updated Stein escorted off Hofstra University campus
- Bridgegate: Port Authority officials planned to make Fort Lee 'traffic jam as bad as possible'
- Updated Miami Marlins to honor star pitcher Jose Fernandez
- High school football player dies two days after injury in game