GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - Police said they will dismiss the charges against a man who was accused of an armed robbery in Greenville.
Jamar Clark, 22, was arrested for allegedly robbing a 48-year-old man while he was sitting on a bench near Eppes Park Monday afternoon. The alleged victim said Clark and another man hit him in the head with a gun, robbed him and ran away.
But on Wednesday, the alleged victim took back his statement that Clark was one of the attackers.
Clark was charged with assault with a deadly weapon and robbery with a dangerous weapon. But because the alleged victim recanted his statement and could not be reached, police said they will dismiss Clark's charges.
The case remains under investigation, police added. The second suspect has not been identified.
- Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- Updated 9-year-old girl dies following head on car collision
- Woman sent to the hospital following car crash with log truck
- Updated Manchester Arena attack: 8-year-old girl among the dead at Ariana Grande concert
- Cops and Barbers event set for Tuesday in Greenville