RALEIGH - Three people are now in custody in connection with a shooting death near N.C. State University early Monday.
Police arrested Todd Harris, 23, in Franklin County Tuesday. Quamir Rogers, 21, and Twanisha Stewart, 27, were arrested Monday. All three are charged with the murder of Markeith Tennessee, 29.
Officers were called to the apartment on Neeley Street, just three blocks from campus, around 12:30 a.m. Monday.
Investigators don't think the shooting was a random attack.
A motive for the killing has not been released. It wasn't clear if the suspects had lawyers.
Campus police issued an alert about 30 minutes after the shooting, but said the shooting was not related to the university.
- Updated Onslow County Commissioners discuss bringing facility-based crisis center to county
- Updated Vidant works to fill shortages in nursing
- Investigation under way after teen shot in New Bern
- Republicans postpone settling Obamacare subsidies lawsuit
- Kinston Teens launches 'Adopt-A-Vacant-Lot' program