RALEIGH - Three people are now in custody in connection with a shooting death near N.C. State University early Monday.
Police arrested Todd Harris, 23, in Franklin County Tuesday. Quamir Rogers, 21, and Twanisha Stewart, 27, were arrested Monday. All three are charged with the murder of Markeith Tennessee, 29.
Officers were called to the apartment on Neeley Street, just three blocks from campus, around 12:30 a.m. Monday.
Investigators don't think the shooting was a random attack.
A motive for the killing has not been released. It wasn't clear if the suspects had lawyers.
Campus police issued an alert about 30 minutes after the shooting, but said the shooting was not related to the university.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend