Greenville Police have issued a warning to church-goers. Investigators say thieves targeted five local churches, including St. Peter's Catholic School on East 5th Street.
Police say someone stole a purse and some social security cards from cars during church activities at St. Peter's.
Sergeant Joe Friday has emailed churches in Pitt County, asking them to tell their congregations to take the necessary precautions against theft.
- Updated Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend