Greenville Police have issued a warning to church-goers. Investigators say thieves targeted five local churches, including St. Peter's Catholic School on East 5th Street.
Police say someone stole a purse and some social security cards from cars during church activities at St. Peter's.
Sergeant Joe Friday has emailed churches in Pitt County, asking them to tell their congregations to take the necessary precautions against theft.
- Italy earthquake survivors: "The future is finished"
- Updated Court declines to hear appeal on Wisconsin voter ID law before election
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of two nuns in Mississippi
- Two kayakers bound for Scotland, looking to make history
- Associated Press botches Hillary Clinton report and response