HAVELOCK, CRAVEN COUNTY - A student was arrested for allegedly bringing a knife to a high school in Craven County.
Just after noon on Wednesday, a teacher at Havelock High School heard a noise from 16-year-old Casey Hester's bookbag that suggested a metal object was inside, said Havelock Police Chief G. Wayne Cyrus. The teacher then contacted the student resource officer, who searched the bag and found a folding pocket knife, Chief Cyrus said.
Hester was taken into custody and was charged with a citation. There was no threat to anyone's safety, Chief Cyrus added.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Italy earthquake: Amid the rubble, a couple says 'I do'
- Updated Donald Trump: Mika must apologize for 'gang attack' on Pastor Mark Burns