GREENVILLE - Police confirmed a 42-year-old man at a popular Greenville intersection has climbed down from a railroad scaffolding.
It happened at the intersection of 10th St. and Grande Ave. in the downtown area. The call came in at 7:45 am. Friday.
Police were on the scene trying to convince the man to come down from 15-20 feet in the air on scaffolding.
A negotiator climbed up to the man and talked him down.
Tenth street is back open.
The man was taken to Vidant Medical Center to be evaluated.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend