PITT COUNTY - A man went on the attack Saturday, with a table leg as his weapon, according to Bethel Police.
The victim's face was targeted, police said.
Latavis Monail Wiggins attacked the unnamed victim, who was taken to Vidant Medical Center, according to police.
Wiggins was charged with assault with a deadly weapon, inflicting serious injury, and was booked into the Pitt County Detention Center under a $25,000 bond.
- Body found along side of road in Jacksonville
- New Cops and Barbers works to bridge gap between GPD, community
- Updated Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- Chocowinity soldier killed in action to be honored in NASCAR race
- Updated Tornado touches down in Sampson Co., warnings issued elsewhere