ANKARA - A police official says a suicide bomber has detonated an explosive device at the entrance of the U.S. Embassy in the Turkish capital and at least two people are dead.
An Associated Press journalist on Friday saw a body in the street in front of an embassy side entrance. The bomb appeared to have exploded inside the security checkpoint at the entrance of the embassy.
Private NTV television said two security guards at the entrance were killed.
The police official spoke on condition of anonymity in line with government rules. The phones were not being answered at the embassy.
- Updated Number of vehicle and apartment break-ins reported in Greenville
- Updated A local family's battle with addiction
- Updated US calls Philippines President's Hitler comments 'troubling'
- Worried about fake bank accounts in your name?
- El Cajon police release video of fatal officer-involved shooting