CRAVEN COUNTY - A New Bern High School student had a knife on school property Wednesday, according to police.
Kyle Snyder was at the school after school hours with a knife clipped to his pants, police said.
The knife had a 3.5-inch blade, according to police.
Another student spotted the knife and alerted police.
Snyder is charged with having a weapon on educational property and has a court date set for early October.
No injuries were reported.
- Updated Trump's path to 270 runs through ... Maine?
- Updated WikiLeaks-released memo outlines Bill Clinton's lucrative speeches
- Updated Hillary Clinton to hold election night party under real glass ceiling
- Tequila, dance parties and Adele: Hillary Clinton finally lets loose
- Dems sue GOP over Trump's 'rigged' complaints