CRAVEN COUNTY - A New Bern High School student had a knife on school property Wednesday, according to police.
Kyle Snyder was at the school after school hours with a knife clipped to his pants, police said.
The knife had a 3.5-inch blade, according to police.
Another student spotted the knife and alerted police.
Snyder is charged with having a weapon on educational property and has a court date set for early October.
No injuries were reported.
- Updated Beauty school abruptly closes all 79 campuses
- Updated Come show your support at "Get Your Pink On" in New Bern
- New Woman charged with fatally shooting husband is expected in court
- Sewer repairs prompt partial road closure in Jacksonville
- Gary Johnson struggles to name a world leader he respects