GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - Police said a man found his mother dead at a Greenville apartment complex Friday, and investigators are working to determine the cause of death.
According to Sgt. Joe Friday of the Greenville Police Department, the body of 52-year-old Kimberlee Marszalkowski was discovered at an apartment on Moseley Drive.
Sgt. Friday said investigators believe Marszalkowski's 28-year-old son found his mother dead in a bedroom when he went to check on her. The son then apparently suffered a medical issue, Friday said.
Police said the deceased woman's other son, who regularly checks on her, came to the apartment and called 911 after finding both his mother and brother. Officers and EMS crews responded at about 12:30 p.m. Friday.
The 28-year-old man who apparently suffered the medical issue was taken to Vidant Medical Center, Friday told NewsChannel 12. There is now word on his condition.
Police said they are investigating the cause of the woman's death. NewsChannel 12 will have more details as they become available.
- Updated Academy President on 'Birth of a Nation': 'People need to see this movie'
- Updated First known case of sexual Zika transmission without symptoms
- Updated US blood supply should be screened for Zika, FDA says
- Updated Dolly Parton on 2016 candidates: 'I think they're both nuts'
- Updated Wolfowitz 'might have to vote' for Clinton