KINSTON - A Kinston man was arrested and charged for attempting to strangle his mother and for kicking out a police car window.
According to a Kinston Police spokesperson, Truldell Hamilton, 25, was in a fight with his mother when he tried to strangle her. Police said it happened after midnight Thursday morning. They responded to the 800 block of North Mclewean Street.
When officers talked to the victim, she told them Hamilton had been trying to strangle her.
When officers put Hamilton in the back of a patrol car, he allegedly kicked out the window.
As of Sunday morning, Hamilton was still listed in Lenoir County Jail.
He's charged with felony assault by strangulation and injury to personal property.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Nate Parker on 'toxic masculinity,' consent and 'male privilege'
- Updated Chocowinity town commissioner arrested for allegedly assaulting a female
- Legendary Watermelon Festival continues today