KINSTON - A Kinston man was arrested and charged for attempting to strangle his mother and for kicking out a police car window.
According to a Kinston Police spokesperson, Truldell Hamilton, 25, was in a fight with his mother when he tried to strangle her. Police said it happened after midnight Thursday morning. They responded to the 800 block of North Mclewean Street.
When officers talked to the victim, she told them Hamilton had been trying to strangle her.
When officers put Hamilton in the back of a patrol car, he allegedly kicked out the window.
As of Sunday morning, Hamilton was still listed in Lenoir County Jail.
He's charged with felony assault by strangulation and injury to personal property.
- Updated Court sets September 13 deadline for Clinton FBI emails
- Updated Kinston welcomes professional baseball back to Grainger Stadium
- Updated AP: Brazilian police charge Lochte with filing false report
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: Men have 'gotta get over' their issues with equal pay
- Updated Trump: No legal status for undocumented immigrants