NEW BERN - A registered sex offender exposed himself to a New Bern Police officer on the same day the suspect secretly peeped at a woman who was in a bathroom, according to police.
Ronnie Duane Lewis, 51, allegedly peeped Monday at a middle-aged woman who was in a bathroom inside a New Bern home.
"He was naked and smoking," the victim, who asked to remain anonymous, said of the suspect.
The victim was also allegedly touching himself.
The victim called 911 and officers found Lewis in the woods, police said.
Lewis was also illegally at Glenburnie Park, at the end of Glenburnie Drive in New Bern, police said.
The victim lives in the area near the park.
It's against state law for registered sex offenders to be at a playground.
Lewis was in woods adjacent to the park when he was doing the peeping, police said.
Lewis, of New Bern, also allegedly exposed himself to a police officer.
Lewis was convicted in 2004 on two counts of indecent liberties with a minor in Johnston County.
Lewis is in jail in Craven County as of 12:30 p.m. Wednesday.
- Updated China: Japanese military jets using 'dangerous' tactics
- Pipeline protesters forced back after 141 arrested
- WikiLeaks reveals campaign vexed by 'Bill Clinton Inc.'
- The Cubs and Indians get ready to battle it out in Game 3 of The World Series
- Early voting update: More than 12.6 million votes cast