NEW BERN - A registered sex offender exposed himself to a New Bern Police officer on the same day the suspect secretly peeped at a woman who was in a bathroom, according to police.
Ronnie Duane Lewis, 51, allegedly peeped Monday at a middle-aged woman who was in a bathroom inside a New Bern home.
"He was naked and smoking," the victim, who asked to remain anonymous, said of the suspect.
The victim was also allegedly touching himself.
The victim called 911 and officers found Lewis in the woods, police said.
Lewis was also illegally at Glenburnie Park, at the end of Glenburnie Drive in New Bern, police said.
The victim lives in the area near the park.
It's against state law for registered sex offenders to be at a playground.
Lewis was in woods adjacent to the park when he was doing the peeping, police said.
Lewis, of New Bern, also allegedly exposed himself to a police officer.
Lewis was convicted in 2004 on two counts of indecent liberties with a minor in Johnston County.
Lewis is in jail in Craven County as of 12:30 p.m. Wednesday.
- Updated Kerry in leaked audio: "I lost the argument" for use of force in Syria
- Updated Hurricane Matthew roars toward Jamaica as Category 5
- Bees placed on endangered species list -- a first in the US
- Trump on Clinton: 'I can be nastier than she ever can be'
- Illinois to yank billions from Wells Fargo amid scandal