GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - Police said they seized almost 1,000 bags of heroin from a Pitt County drug operation, and arrested three suspects in the process.
According to Sgt. Joe Friday of the Greenville Police Department, officers seized 900 bags of heroin and $2,000 in cash on Aug. 9 after a two-month investigation into Latravion Daniels, who has ties to Brooklyn, N.Y.
Daniels (pictured), of Greenville, has been charged with seven counts of trafficking heroin, two counts of conspiracy to traffic heroin, possession with intent to sell and deliver heroin, and maintaining a vehicle for felony drug use. He was being held under a $1 million secured bond.
Two other suspects were also arrested: Jody Elbert and Joseph McCrary, both of Greenville. Elbert has been charged with two counts of conspiracy to traffic heroin and was being held under a $200,000 secured bond.
McCrary has been charged with attempting to traffic heroin and was also being jailed under a $200,000 secured bond.
In addition to Greenville Police, the Pitt County Sheriff's Office, the State Bureau of Investigation and the Farmville Police Department helped with the case.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend