WILMINGTON, NORTH CAROLINA - A Wilmington man has been arrested after authorities say they found two dozen bombs at his home.
Authorities arrested 37-year-old Erik Rudolph Arnebold Wednesday and charged him with 24 counts of having a weapon of mass destruction and one count each of possessing methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia.
Police investigating a drug case searched Arnebold's home. Officers saw an improvised explosive device outside the home and 23 more in a hidden trap door under the floor.
Police also found guns, ammunition and materials used in making pipe bombs.
Arnebold's bond has been set at $1.5 million, and it wasn't immediately known if he had an attorney. In a jailhouse interview, Arnebold told the StarNews of Wilmington he made the bombs out of curiosity and didn't intend to set them off.
- Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall arrives in Morehead City
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- Facility for developmentally disabled gets overhauled kitchen