RALEIGH - Police in the Raleigh area are asking for the public's help to locate and identify the vehicle that killed a recent ECU grad.
Weston Vandermerwe was found dead alongside Interstate 40 last month. He went missing after a night out drinking with friends in Raleigh.
Based on debris found near Vandermerwe's body, police believe he was hit by a 2007-2014 Chevrolet Suburban, Avalanche, Tahoe, a GMC Yukon, or a Cadillac Escalade.
Anyone with information that might help in the investigation is asked to call Raleigh Crimestoppers.
- Updated Tornado warnings issued for Duplin, Tyrrell, Dare counties
- Body found along side of road in Jacksonville
- Updated Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- UPDATE: No bomb discovered after threat made at West Craven Middle School
- Seven Springs man dies after fight with detention officers