GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - Police are searching for a suspect accused of making false deposits through several ATMs into newly opened accounts.
Officers said between May 29 and June 4 a man made fake deposits in Greenville, Ayden, and Kinston.
The suspect would withdraw the money before the bank systems caught up with the fraud, said police.
Police said the total amount loss is $7,400.
Officers believe he drives a blue older Cadillac with a vinyl/landau style top that was not made after 1980.
Anyone with information is asked to call Detective T.V. Woolard at 252-329-4359 or Crime Stoppers at 252-758-777.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- New Pence: Trump is 'a CEO at work' on immigration
- A state politician voicing concerns over the Whitewater Center reopening following amoeba death