GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - Police are searching for a suspect accused of making false deposits through several ATMs into newly opened accounts.
Officers said between May 29 and June 4 a man made fake deposits in Greenville, Ayden, and Kinston.
The suspect would withdraw the money before the bank systems caught up with the fraud, said police.
Police said the total amount loss is $7,400.
Officers believe he drives a blue older Cadillac with a vinyl/landau style top that was not made after 1980.
Anyone with information is asked to call Detective T.V. Woolard at 252-329-4359 or Crime Stoppers at 252-758-777.
- Updated Brexit: 4.2 million migrants still wait to learn their fate
- New Onslow County man facing larceny, other charges
- Updated Iraqi forces take key village near airport from ISIS
- Updated 'Stand your ground' hearing opens in Fla. theater shooting
- New Winterville Police looking for suspect in Subway robbery