JACKSONVILLE, ONSLOW COUNTY - Police said they are searching for whoever fired shots into an occupied vehicle in Jacksonville.
According to the Jacksonville Police Department, officers responded at about 9:30 p.m. Tuesday to a report of shots being fired on the 1800 block of South Drive in the New River area.
Officers found a vehicle with gunshot damage in the parking lot of the Jack Amyette Recreation Center, said investigators. A person was inside the vehicle during the shooting, but the victim only suffered minor injuries from broken glass, police said.
No arrest has been made in this case.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det. Mike Groom at firstname.lastname@example.org or 910-938-6420.
Callers can also contact Crimestoppers at 910-938-3273. Crimestoppers will offer cash rewards for information leading to arrest. Callers are not required to reveal their identities.
- Updated Ryan Lochte to endorse crime prevention device
- New Beaufort County deputies arrest registered sex offender living in Chocowinity
- Updated Fire chief killed in workers' bus crash remembered as 'amazing'
- ECU professor predicts presidential election results
- Local pharmacist recommends ways to save on EpiPens