WINSTON-SALEM, FORSYTH COUNTY - Police in Winston-Salem say a group of armed men robbed an assisted-living facility, restraining the workers and stealing from the residents' rooms.
Local news outlets report as many as four men entered the Clare Bridge Retirement Home Wednesday morning, pulled out guns and restrained the employees. Police said the men, who had their faces covered, went into the rooms of the residents and took televisions, jewelry and other items.
A statement from police said one resident had to be treated for a minor injury.
Police have not said how the men entered the facility. They said there were no visible signs of a break-in. Visitors must ring a bell in the foyer, and are allowed in by an employee. Employees must enter a security code to get in.
- New Was New Bern first in America to celebrate George Washington's birthday?
- Updated New Bern stab victim says he was accused of stealing drugs
- Updated Reports: Dolphins acquire TE Thomas from Jaguars
- Updated Trade of Cousins to Pelicans becomes official
- Updated Small plane crashes near Melbourne's Essendon airport