JACKSONVILLE, ONSLOW COUNTY - Police said they have found a runaway Jacksonville teen.
The Jacksonville Police Department said Thursday that 14-year-old Cheyenne Benefield was discovered safe and has since been returned to her family.
According to investigators, Benefield ran away from her Jacksonville home at about 6 p.m. Saturday.
In a separate case, Craven County deputies said Wednesday they found another teen that had been missing: 15-year-old Jacques Donnell Suggs. He was found safe in the James City area.
Investigators said they received several tips after the story aired, but did not release any other details on the case.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend